Title: Children’s and Youth Workerfor the parishes of St Anne Wandsworth, St Barnabas Southfields and St Paul Wimbledon Park.
Responsible to: The clergy of the 3 Parishes. Line Manager: Vicar of St Anne’s Church, Wandsworth.
Required tasks :
· To work with the clergy and lay leaders working with children and young people, to improve, and where appropriate, initiates suitable projects with children and young people across the 3 parishes.
· To mentor, support and assist lay leaders in their children’s youth work.
· To provide creative and practical ways of nurturing children and young people in the Christian faith
Length of Employment: Initially for 12 months, with the expectation of an extension to at least 18 months. There will an initial three months’ probationary period.
Skills and qualifications: A teaching qualification and experience of teaching or an equivalent qualification or experience in the field of children’s and youth work.. Experience in working in a church context.
Office Base: St Barnabas Southfields.
Hours: Part Time. 17.5 hours per week. 40 weeks per year. Paid holiday will need to taken in school holidays. Will include some Sunday working.
Enhanced CRB check.
Salary: £9,300 per year.
· Teaching qualification and experience, or an equivalent qualification or experience in the field of children’s and youth work.
· The person appointed will ideally be a committed member of a church community.
· Demonstrable ability to train lay volunteers in basic teaching techniques.
· In sympathy with the theological outlook of St Barnabas/ St Anne’s and St Paul’s.
· Effective communicator orally , in writing and through the use of information technology.
· Good organisational skills.
· Able to work with a diverse range of people.
· ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of relevant resources and enthusiasm to discover more.