Due to our annual church meeting we will be having the service at 10am this week. All are welcome to meet other parishioners and to hear our plans for the coming year.
We will begin at 7.30 pm. So far the only candidate who has not confirmed they can come is the representative of the Animal Welfare Party but we are hoping that he will be able to attend.
This will begin at 3.30 on Saturday 21 March, finishing at 5.30 pm The theme will be ‘ Creation’, and will involve crafts, a short act of worship/celebration and a shared tea. It is church, but not as you know it! This event is free of charge.
What is Messy Church?
- To provide an opportunity to people of all ages to worship together.
- To help people of all ages to feel that they belong in church and to each other.
- To help people have fun together.
- To give people a chance to express their God-given creativity.
- To invite people into an experience of Christian community.
- to introduce people to Jesus through hospitality, friendship, stories and worship.
Do join us and help us raise funds for our roof , window and wall repair project. There will be the usual range of stalls and good food at reasonable prices. Plus music and some new stalls offering local crafts and the usual good quality local produce.
Southfields Harvest Event 4th October 2014
- St Barnabas Church Gardens on Saturday 4th October 2014 – or in the church halls if wet , 12noon – 3pm – a celebration of locally grown and produced food and drink for all the family
- Bring your surplus apples and/or pears to turn into juice – please supply bring your own clean containers to take away the results
- Purchase locally grown allotment produce on sale to raise funds for the Wandsworth Food Bank, also homemade cakes, preserves and fairly traded tea and coffee
- Bring your surplus garden produce to sell, share, swop or give away
- Lunch off delicious Southfields Sausages from the Village Butcher
- Sample locally produced beer on sale from the Rocky Head micro brewery
- Church open with harvest displays and registers of marriages and baptisms available for inspection
- Enter our baking and jam making competitions, plus Scary Vegetable Monster competition for Children – more details to follow soon
- Sponsored static Cycle Ride to raise funds for church renovation
- Organised jointly by the SGRA, Abundance Southfields and St Barnabas Church
- Queries and further information – please email email@example.com
- Like our Face book page “ Southfields Harvest “ and post your event photos on it
- The church will be open from 11 am for the delivery of produce and competition entries
We are delighted to be able to host Southfields Theatre Group’s latest play. It will run in the church from Wednesday 24th to Saturday 27th: For more details contact www.southfieldstheatregroup.org.uk