For our full terms and conditions for different types of users, please visit our Halls Terms and Conditions page.
What rooms are available for hire?
- Large Patio Hall – 75 sq. m. Capacity 60 with access to kitchen.
- Mirror Hall – 50 sq. m. Capacity 40 with use of kitchenette.
- Combined Hall (Patio and Mirror Halls opened into one) – 125 sq. m. Capacity 100
- Upper Room (upstairs carpeted space) – 50 sq. m. Capacity 30.
- Parish Room (small hall within church building) – 45 sq. m. Capacity 40.
To view images of our halls, visit our Halls Gallery.
How much does it cost to hire a hall?
*Rates from 1st June 2023. NB: All rates are subject to regular review.
For regular users and community hire:
- Patio Hall – £32.50 per hour.
- Mirror Hall – £25.00 per hour.
- Upper Room – £25.00 per hour.
- Parish Room – £25.00 per hour.
For one-time and occasional users (other than parties, e.g., AGMs, community events) :
- Patio Hall – £34.00 per hour.
- Mirror Hall – £29.50 per hour.
- Upper Room – £29.50 per hour.
- Parish Room – £29.50 per hour.
To book the main church sanctuary, please contact the halls manager directly for details.
For parties (Saturdays only; must end by 5pm):
There are three spaces available:
- Patio Hall – £170 per three-hour slot; £60 for each additional hour (inclusive of set-up and clean-up)
- Mirror Hall – £150 per three-hour slot; £50 for each additional hour (inclusive of set-up and clean-up).
- Combined Patio/Mirror Hall – £320 per three-hour slot; £110 for each additional hour (inclusive of set-up and clean-up)
We ask you to ensure that your guests leave as quietly as possible in order to avoid disturbing our neighbours.
How do I go about booking?
Once you have decided which hall is right for you by studying our Halls Gallery and this FAQ page, and have checked our Hall Bookings Calendar for availability, go to our Hall Booking Request page to download the appropriate booking form. Complete the form and send it to us at email@example.com. We will do our best to respond to your request within a few days.
Once a form is received, your booking is provisional until a £100 deposit is paid (see below for how to pay). If you do not want to go ahead with a provisional booking, please let us know immediately, by email if possible.
If you still have questions, you can contact us at 020 8480 2290. Please note, however, that a phone call is not necessarily a quicker way to book, as our office staff and volunteers work part-time, and you will still be asked to complete a form.
Do you hire the halls out to regular users?
We are happy to accommodate regular users if this does not conflict with church or community use. Please contact the church office. We regret we cannot provide storage facilities for equipment. Users will need to comply with insurance and Child Protection requirements.
How many people can be accommodated?
- Patio Hall: 60
- Mirror Hall: 40
- Combined Patio and Mirror Halls: 90 -100
- Upper Room 30
- Parish Room: 40
What about tables and chairs?
The tables and chairs available within the complex are:
- 15 large tables
- 8 small square tables
- 16 children’s tables
- 30 children’s chairs
- Access to 100 full size chairs
What are the dimensions?
- Patio Hall: 75 sqm
- Mirror Hall: 50sqm
- Combined Patio and Mirror Halls: 125 sqm
- Upper Room: 50 sqm
- Parish Room: 45 sqm
Are there any events you do not allow?
Other than church events, we do not allow any teenage parties or bookings by people aged under 21.
We reserve our discretion to refuse bookings that conflict with the ethos of the church, may cause nuisance to our neighbours or disturb other hall users.
Do I need to provide a deposit?
No firm booking is made until a deposit of £100 is received. Quick payments may be made to:
St Barnabas Church Hall
Nat West sort code 60 20 09
Can I have a wedding reception?
Yes, some or all of the hall complex may be available. Special rates and deposit will apply. The Garden has been developed and is now perfect for photographs. Contact the church office for further details.
When do I pay the hall hire fee?
Payment is due one month before your event.
What about parking?
There is no parking provided. Access to the new halls’ complex is via a walkway. If you need access for catering equipment please discuss this with the Halls’ Manager at the time of booking. There is parking in the surrounding streets except on weekdays from 1.30-2.30pm. There is metered parking in the roads to the east of Merton Road. There are 2 disabled bays- please keep these clear as a courtesy to those hall and church users who have restricted movement.
Can I use any outdoor space?
There is a patio adjacent to the large hall that may be accessed through the glazed doors with prior agreement. No ball games are permitted inside or outside the building and we ask that you do not disturb our neighbours with noise.
Can I have candles?
You can have small tea candles on the tables but not anywhere else. Any wax residue may result in a cleaning charge being deducted from the deposit.
Can I have a disco?
Children’s disco parties are permitted. We do not have any equipment for this purpose but you may bring your own. The halls are in a residential area and noise must be kept to a minimum.
Can I put up decorations?
Nothing may be stuck to the walls or doors.
Do you provide a caterer?
No. Hirers must ensure that any caterers they employ comply with our terms and conditions of hire and specifically leave the kitchen and equipment in a clean and tidy condition and take all rubbish with them.
Can I leave rubbish?
No. All rubbish must be taken with you at the end of the hire. Failure to do so may result in a deduction from the deposit.
Do you provide child size tables and chairs?
Yes. We have 16 tables and 30 chairs plus some nursery size chairs.
Is there a kitchen and how is it equipped?
The Large Patio Hall has a kitchen and the Mirror Hall and the Parish Room have kitchenettes. The following equipment is available in the kitchens:
- Patio Hall kitchen: range cooker and hob, 2 fridges, dishwasher, kettles, urn, microwave
- Mirror Hall kitchenette: fridge, kettle
- Parish Room kitchenette: fridge, urn, kettle
The dishwasher in the Patio Hall kitchen may be used only with prior agreement with the Halls Manager. Read the instructions carefully before using it and ensure that all crockery has been returned to the cupboards before leaving.
Is there any crockery and cutlery?
The main kitchen has mugs, plates, bowls and cutlery but we do not supply any glasses.
The kitchenettes have mugs and a few plates. Any breakages must be reported and paid for.
What happens about cleaning?
Hirers are responsible for leaving the hall, kitchen and toilets in a clean, tidy condition, taking all rubbish home immediately after the event has ended. Mop, bucket, brooms etc are provided and some cleaning materials but it is advisable to supplement these with your own and to bring your own tea towels and bin bags.
Basic terms and conditions (click here to read our full terms and conditions for different types of hall users.)
1) Anyone hiring any part of the church premises, including the halls, acknowledges that no tenancy is intended to be created between the church and any hirers and that no relationship of landlord and tenant exists between them.
2) No spaces can be sub let
3) The space hired can only be used for the times agreed with the church
4) If the church requires the space booked for another purpose it can terminate the agreement.
5) Buggies are not to be brought into the halls.
What do I do with the keys after my event?
When you are given the keys you will be told how to return them. The return must be done as soon as your hire period ends. Otherwise we may have to make a deduction from the deposit.
If you wish to discuss anything further please contact the church office at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8480 2290
Updated October 2023